Arugula, Watermelon, and Feta Salad
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tbs. honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/8th seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut in 1” cubes
- 12 oz. feta cheese, ½” diced
- 1 cup (4 oz.) whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
Instructions: Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly to form an emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.