- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- dash hot sauceoptional
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray
- Unfold pastry sheets and roll one sheet to 11-inch square; set aside. Roll out remaining sheet to 12 inch square; use to line the bottom and side of the prepared springform pan.
- Reserve 1 tbsp. eggs. Mix remaining eggs with ricotta, hot sauce, and spinach. Layer half each on the bacon, cheddar, ricotta mixture and peppers in crust. Repeat layers.
- Cover with remaining pastry sheet; fold under edges of pastry, then tuck inside pan. Brush pastry with reserved egg.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing rim.
If using frozen spinach, thaw it out first and drain well before using.