– 2 tablespoons of olive oil plus more for sauteing
– 1medium yellow onion, minced
– 1pear,peeled and finely chopped
– 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 pounds duck meat, cubed
– 1/2 pound pancetta
– 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
– 1teaspoon fresh thyme
– 1teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1/4 cup parsley
Instructions: Heat olive oil in a 10 to 12 inch saute pan.
Add onions, pears, ginger, and garlic until completely caramelized and liquid has evaporated. Chill for about an hour. In a medium bowl, combine duck and pancetta along with the remaining ingredients. Chill for an hour. Mix all ingredients together.
Feed ingredients through a meat grinder with the medium dye attachment. Form 2 ounces ball from the meat mixture. Heat
1teaspoon olive oil in cast iron skillet until hot, but not smoking.
Brown meatballs in batches. Cook until done all the way through, about 7 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine. Season to taste and pour over meatballs. Sprinkle parsley over the top of meatballs. Serve with wild rice, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, pasta, or orzo. Honey or Chanterelle Game Sauce complements it nicely.